Have you heard of the connection between pregnancy and oral health? If not, we have news for you! If you are pregnant, then we congratulate you on the new addition to your family! Furthermore, our team also would like to inform you of things you may not know about how your oral health is significant during pregnancy.
Our dentist, Dr. Michael Scholes, wishes you congratulations and is here to help you with your oral health. Additionally, our team at Scholes Family Dental in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, has provided a list for you of necessary things you should know.
Here is a list of facts on your oral health and pregnancy:
– Pregnancy is acknowledged to increase your risk of gum disease.
– When you are expecting, due to morning sickness and being very tired, poor oral hygiene can become a problem and has been linked to other conditions such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and premature delivery making it more vital than ever to keep up with your oral hygiene routine.
– Always see your dentist regularly when you are pregnant to make sure your oral health is in fantastic shape.
– Be sure to tell your dentist if you are taking any medications or prenatal vitamins while you are in our care.
– Keep up with your oral hygiene care, which includes brushing twice a day and flossing daily to fight off cavities and gum disease.
– Think of your diet while you are pregnant for both you and your baby and avoid sugars which can be detrimental to your health.
If you are pregnant and need to see a dentist, please call us today at 208-667-1578 to make an appointment. Our team is happy to give your oral health a checkup and provide you with a professional teeth cleaning.