There are so many wonderful diet tips in the world today. However, did you know there are foods or drinks you can keep in your diet that help make your smile healthy and strong? Well, it’s true! Here at Scholes Family Dental in Couer d'Alene, Idaho, we are happy to provide you with five awesome diet tips that help your smile. These tips include:
1. Water is your best friend. Drinking water is not only essential to live, but also essential to oral health. Water washes food particles away along with bad bacteria. Water also keeps conditions like halitosis and dry mouth at bay.
2. Dairy contains protein and calcium. Dairy is low in sugars and high in calcium. This strengthens your teeth and provides you with positive oral health.
3. Fruits and vegetables are essential. Everyone knows fruits and veggies help your entire body. Yet, because they are low in sugars and high in fibers they balance out to help clean your teeth and promote saliva production to wash away harmful food particles and acids.
4. Nuts contain protein and are low in carbohydrates. The proteins and minerals found in nuts do not add risk to cavities in your smile. That is because of the acid-producing bacteria from the carbs found within the nuts making them a healthy treat for your teeth.
5. Lean proteins provide low sugar and healthy results. Proteins are very healthy for your smile, especially when they are low in sugar as well. Having lean proteins can strengthen your teeth promoting excellent oral health.
As you can see, there are many different things you can include in your diet for a vibrant smile. If you still have questions on your oral health, or would like to come in for a dental cleaning, please call us at 208-667-1578 and make an appointment. We are always happy to address any of your oral-care needs.